PLAN YOUR TRIP
All you need to know before you paddle
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- We paddle in tandem kayaks because of the improved stability. If you have an odd number in your group or you are a solo paddler, you will be paired with another kayaker. Tandems kayaks have a max weight of 650lbs.
- Please arrive at least 40 minutes prior to departure to check-in, receive gear and review safety protocol prior to boarding. Tours will not be delayed to accommodate late arrivals.
- Munising, Michigan is located in the Eastern Time Zone (EST). Be mindful of the clock when traveling to kayak with us.
- Paddling will be done with the wind at the paddlers back whenever possible. The tour will run with a safety-first mindset. An alternative kayak trip may be offered in case of weather conditions are deemed not safe along Pictured Rocks
- No alcohol or drugs are permitted on the tour.
- Please check our FAQ page for more details
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- 18 foot Looksha T Tandem kayaks manufactured by Necky/Old Town
- PFD (lifejacket) + spray skirts (All passengers will be required to wear a provided PFD or you can bring your own. We will inspect for USCG approval.
- ACA trained guides with a safety first mindset
- Passenger boat nearby for convenience and safety
WHAT TO BRING
- Trips are approximately 5 hours long, please be prepared for rain or cold weather with appropriate layers
- Food & water (no designated meal breaks) – You can leave lunch on the boat for the return trip
- Jacket and shoes or sandals
- Sunglasses & hat, sunscreen, and insect repellent